- 1/2 Cup of Mushrooms
- 1/2 Cup of Spinach
- 1/2 Cup of Red Onion
- 1/2 Cup of Red Pepper
- 3 Fresh Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Wholemeal Muffin
- Finely chop the mushrooms, spinach, onion and peppers.
- Sear the chopped vegetables in a frying pan with the Olive oil.
- Beat the Eggs up and pour into a seperate pan and cook with more Olive oil.
- Once the Vegetables are cooked, pour onto the centre of the Eggs and fold the eggs over the vegetables.
- Serve with the toasted wholemeal muffins and enjoy!
- High in Carbohydrates: Carbohydrates are important for fuelling your body for the day, giving your aerobic energy system the raw materials for creating ATP (The body’s primary fuel source).
- High in Protein: Protein is important for the growth and maintenance of muscle tissue, as well as optimising the storage of carbohydrates.
- High in Vitamin A: Vitamin A has been shown to help with vision, strengthen bone and has been suggested to have antioxidant properties.
- High in Vitamin C: Vitamin C has been shown to boost the immune system which is of high importance for athletes with large training loads. It has also been shown to reduce muscle soreness after strenuous activity.
- High in Selenium: This is an important trace mineral that works as an antioxidant to offer protection from free radicals (which can damage cells).