- 1 Tin of Tuna
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Cup of Raw Spinach
- 1 Tomato
- 1/4 Cup of Sunflower Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Finely chop the peppers, tomato and spinach, then mix together.
- Drain the Tuna and add to the mixture.
- Pour over the Sunflower Seeds to add a bit of crunch.
- Drizzle the Olive Oil over the salad and toss with a squeeze of Lemon juice.
- Ideal served on a warm Ciabatta or kept in the fridge as a healthy snack.
- High in Niacin: Niacin helps your body convert the foods you eat into energy for both your tissue and organs. It has also been shown to help both your digestive and nervous system as well as keeping your skin healthy.
- Very high in Selenium: This is an important trace mineral that works as an antioxidant to offer protection from free radicals (which can damage cells).
- High in Vitamin A: Vitamin A has been shown to help with vision, strengthen bone and has been suggested to have antioxidant properties.
- High in Vitamin B12: This helps your body to produce red blood cells, which help to feed your muscles with oxygenduring endurance sport. Vitamin B12 has been shown to reduce the levels of an amino acid (homocysteine) that has been linked to heart failure.
- High in Vitamin C: Vitamin C has been shown to boost the immune system which is of high importance for athletes with large training loads. It has also been shown to reduce muscle soreness after strenuous activity.