- 1 Mug of Porridge oats
- 1 Mug of Milk
- 1 Mug of Water
- 1/2 Cup of Mixed Berries
- 2 Tablespoons of Chia Seeds
- Drizzle of Honey/Syrup to taste
- Add the Porridge oats, milk and wateer to a pan and heat gently, stirring frequently.
- Once the Porridge reaches a thick, creamy consistency, stir in the Mixed Berrys and Chia Seeds.
- Drizzle with the Honey/Syrup to add a bit of natural sweetness.
- High in Carbohydrates: Carbohydrates are important for fuelling your body for the day, giving your aerobic energy system the raw materials for creating ATP (The body’s primary fuel source).
- High in Dietary Fibre: This will help with digestion and the absorbtion of vitamins and minerals. This can also help with the removal of cholesterol from the body.
- Low in Cholesterol: High levels of cholesterol have been shown to contribute towards heart disease, so it is best to look for meals that have little or no LDL Cholesterol.
- Low in Sodium: Although Sodium is needed for the body to function, too much has been linked to high blood pressure, heart disease and strokes.
- High in Omega 3 and 6: Great source of essential fatty acids.